Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Official Blog Post

Hello all! When Josh and I first got married, many people informed us that we needed to start a blog because that is what married people do. Makes sense, right? Well, we decided to be rebellious (and mostly lazy) and skip this blogging requirement. However, after much prodding from a sister and a cousin that shall remain unnamed, we decided to start a blog. We realized that we rarely write in our journals and decided this would be a good substitute.

I want to start off my saying how great life is. We have had so many blessings this past year, with many things falling into place.

First of all....

Josh graduated from BYU!



He graduated with a degree in Teaching Social Sciences with a minor in TESOL- Teaching English to Students of Other Languages. I'm so proud of him!



His supporters:





It was a great day! He was very excited. What a good lookin' guy :)



Then, after a lot of praying, searching, applying, fasting, interviewing, and praying some more... Josh got a job! We had been hoping to find something fairly close to Provo so I can continue going BYU, and Heavenly Father heard our prayers. In a few weeks, Josh will be a Miner at Bingham High School!



He will be teaching Financial Literacy-aka nothing he studied in college. BYU career down the drain. Okay, not really, but it kind of feels like it. I'm sure the education classes he took will be helpful. We're excited though because the information he will be teaching-the basics of personal finance-will be good for us to know as well. He's started researching and learned a lot already. Which will definitely be helpful on a teachers salary :)

Once we found out where Josh will be working, we started looking for a place to live. We currently live in a basement apartment (and nobody lives upstairs right now) that we have actually loved overall, but our contract ends in the middle of August, and it is a good 25-30 minute walk to campus without snow. Since we only have one car, we decided to search for a place that is closer to campus and that I would be doing the walking and Josh could have the car. I'm just thoughtful like that :)

Married housing in Provo is... interesting. The cheap places are just that. Cheap. Low ceilings, no A/C, no dishwasher, no washing machine or dryer, no coin-op laundry, etc. We might as well be living in a cardboard box on the side of the road. We currently have a dishwasher and washer and dryer, but no A/C. After experiencing a summer without A/C, it became a priority for Josh as we looked at apartments. It hasn't been dreadful because we are in a basement, and we have a fan, but it could be better. After looking at lots of interesting places, we found a place in our price range that's only 4 blocks from campus, has a dishwasher, A/C, and coin-op laundry. It's part of a complex, so we'll have to adjust from having a house and yard to ourselves, but we're excited.

Well, there's a quick update on the exciting happenings in our lives. To those who poked and prodded, you are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for having a blog! Now I can tell YOU to post so I can be entertained ;) Also, I'll fully take credit for being the cousin who bugged you about it. And guess what? It totally worked ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, your sarcasm makes me laugh. Congrats to your hubby on his graduation/job hunt. It's true, Provo housing is way over-priced for the quality you get. Best wishes to you and Josh!

    ReplyDelete